[TYPO3-mvc] Which version for extbase-newbie

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Nov 29 12:24:33 CET 2010

Hey,

>> As I never could build an "non-trivial" extbase Extension without
>> patching etxbase / using non-api function / overwriting basic things in
>> the controller or such [...]
>
> Can you tell us some examples where you had to patch or call non-API
> functions?

I personally also can only work with a patched extbase version, because
I need support for group fields almost everywhere, like for DAM
relations. I know that there's a workaround by also defining a
'foreign_table' for those TCA fields (sometimes defined by foreign
extensions), but it's not as nice/clean I would love to have it- that's
why I always patch/use SVN version. And the support for
controllerAndAction presets for use in flexforms is quite handy every
once in a while.