[TYPO3-mvc] Which version for extbase-newbie

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Nov 29 11:53:23 CET 2010

Am 29.11.2010 10:09, schrieb Bastian Waidelich:
> Steffen Ritter wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> As I never could build an "non-trivial" extbase Extension without
>> patching etxbase / using non-api function / overwriting basic things in
>> the controller or such [...]
>
> Can you tell us some examples where you had to patch or call non-API
> functions?

Hey Bastian,

Validation of "per ObjectStorage" related Objects,
Validation of Empty SelectValues,
Validating FileUploads or Passwords before the the Mapping has been
done, to influence the requestArgument

Updating MM Relations (currently all objects which are hidden, loose the
relation on update on this relation (new one, edited one, removed one)
Using Extbase from CLI while generating FrontendUrls for sending emails
(own Dispatcher with own uribuilder)

This is what I remember without looking it up. There might be more.
Especially updating MM relations and nested validation of ObjectStorage
related properties I have to patch into every extbase.

regards

Steffen