[TYPO3-mvc] Which version for extbase-newbie

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Nov 29 11:36:01 CET 2010

Hey,

> As I never could build an "non-trivial" extbase Extension without
> patching etxbase / using non-api function / overwriting basic things in
> the controller or such, I'm a bit scared of the new extbase version
> which are refactored internally - I'm quite sure, I would have to adapt
> every Extension (and for such, I do not have the time)...
>
> So if even the "experienced guys" try not use the new stuff directly, a
> beginner should neither.
> But I'm pretty sure that this matures, as Bastian W. really puts lot
> efforts into extbase on things which are outside his own scope and
> therefore arising bugs will be fixed probably a bit faster ;)

I already upgraded to 1.3.0beta, because I needed DI in a new extension
(it was much easier to with it), but already had 1.2 ones running on
that website. I had to replace $this->objectManager->getObject('...')
with $this->getObjectManager->get('...') and also had a issue with the
change in the repositories, that those now return a queryResult object
which with the count method when limits and offsets already where
defined by the controller, but besides of those two things, they
migrated just fine IIRC. Bastian already created a patch for the
queryResult thingie which works just fine, but has to be discussed and
synced with FLOW3, that's why it's not yet committed AFAIK.