[TYPO3-mvc] extbase query executes updates on calling find methods

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Nov 24 12:50:33 CET 2010

Hey there,

> Yep thats what I thought but heres the critical part:
> my customer has a server environment where the typo3 Installation isn't
> allowed to write any update querys to the database. It's a server
> cluster with 1 Masterserver (Backend) and all the frontend server just
> select the content. Is there a way to stop those value objects from
> getting persisted?

besides of making them entities, none that I know of. I once had the
idea to also give the a _isDirty method to check for changes - but that
would not be right. I think there has to be a simple check when
persisting ObjectStorages - if the ObjectStorage is dirty, then persist
the ValueObjects in it - if no, don't touch them.

> I'll check out the extbase core if I can find something.

Well, AFAIK with extbase 1.3.0beta it's possible to define your own
storageBackend (IIRC there's now a TS setting for that) - so probably
replace it by one that prevents any update and insert calls if that
suites your needs.