[TYPO3-mvc] How to extend a model class from within another extension?

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Jan 19 11:56:58 CET 2010

Hi Franz.

On 18.01.10 11:57, Franz Koch wrote:
> I think that's what was also planned for singleTable inheritance, which
> btw. could be implemented in the same go as it should need changes in
> the same areas.

The whole stuff around single-table inheritance and extendability of
models isn't finished. We have to develop a good solution for this
"missing feature complex". I am currently a bit under heavy workload.
T3BOARD might be a good place to discuss that in detail and of course
this list!

Anyone interested to form a task group?

>> As I'm not too 'inside' Extbase, I'd get stuck even knowing where
>> to implement this - and I guess there're many places to implement it?!
>
> I'm also far from knowing the anatomy of Extbase,  ...

Don't hide your light under a bushel ;-).

Jochen