[TYPO3-mvc] How to extend a model class from within another extension?

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Jan 18 18:13:08 CET 2010

Hey,

> That's a bit of a very big issue, imho a missing feature,
> because it is already possible to extend another's extension
> table and TCA, but still NOT the model.
Yep, that is a missing feature.

> So, is it very difficult to implement this sort of extending a
> model or even controllers/repositories/services? Maybe there's
> already some sort of discussion or solution ongoing somewhere?!
We have various options here - and I hope when we all meet on t3board10,
we can discuss how to proceed there.

The main reason why we did not decide yet was that in FLOW3, we can
implement that functionality via Aspect Oriented Programming, and we'd
really like a way to extend classes which is upwards-compatible.

Greets,
Sebastian