[TYPO3-mvc] How to extend a model class from within another extension?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jan 18 11:57:03 CET 2010

Hi Thomas,

> I guess I'd need to come up with a new TS mapping property,
> to tell Extbase which model class is actually the one to load - right?

I think that's what was also planned for singleTable inheritance, which
btw. could be implemented in the same go as it should need changes in
the same areas.

> As I'm not too 'inside' Extbase, I'd get stuck even knowing where
> to implement this - and I guess there're many places to implement it?!

I'm also far from knowing the anatomy of Extbase, but the responsible
class/object building the objects you get handed over is the dataMapper
(Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Mapper_DataMapper) and especially the method
"mapSingleRow" (including it's sub processes). So you might want to
start there.