[TYPO3-mvc] Calling/loading Extbase inside a user function

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Jan 9 12:08:54 CET 2010

Hi,

> Using the special value of 'userfunction' inside
> a HMENU object, I want to generate a custom navigation.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to use Extbase inside the
> user function, as I don't know how to load it inside.

I also need a custom menu for my extBase based extension, but I wonder
why I would want/need all the extbase overhead and persistence magic
only to display a menu where it's not need at all? Ok, reusing some
controller logic would be nice, but I think I'll for my part stick with
some custom controller/functions here without invoking extbase in the
background.