[TYPO3-mvc] Calling/loading Extbase inside a user function

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:34:12 CET 2010

I already considered, that there will be a quite big overhead,
but I'm struggling with some t3lib_db functionality, especially
exec_SELECT_mm_query, which returns the wrong results. That's
why I wanted to give Extbase a try.

My problem is, that the function exec_SELECT_mm_query doesn't return
the desired records, but ALL records of the foreign table, which are
referenced in the MM table, regardless of the local uid. It just returns
all, which is imho not correct.

But maybe I'mdoing something wrong.

Here is what I do:

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECT_mm_query(
	'*',
	'tx_EXT_domain_model_category',
	'tx_EXT_relation_category_category',
	'tx_EXT_domain_model_category'
);

The special thing about this is, that the local and the foreign
table are the same, because I can assign categories to a category.

I thought using Extbase would be easiert tho. ;o)

Thanks for the help!

Thomas