[TYPO3-mvc] Calling/loading Extbase inside a user function

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat Jan 9 10:58:42 CET 2010

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> Good evening,
>
> Using the special value of 'userfunction' inside
> a HMENU object, I want to generate a custom navigation.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to use Extbase inside the
> user function, as I don't know how to load it inside.
>
> Just instantiating model repositories will result
> in an Extbase exception.

What I have learned from another thread (trying to use ExtBase in a CLI) is that the dispatcher
initializes all (?) of the framework. So in order to make you HMENU-userfunction you would have to
copy the init-code from the dispatcher.

IIRC Jochen plans to change this for the next versions of ExtBase.

Masi