[TYPO3-mvc] Cache problem with update form

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Aug 7 23:10:29 CEST 2010

>> Maybe we can remove the TS condition and somehow work with
>> t3lib_div::convertToUserIntObject()!?
>
> I discussed this with Jochen once (there should be a topic on the
> newsgroup already, from February or March this year). In general this
> would the best solution, but for that a refactoring of the dispatcher
> would be needed to not waste to many resources in booting up the whole
> dispatcher twice. So it was postponed for after refactoring the
> dispatcher IIRC.
> Also we might need to provide a way to trigger this from inside a
> controller, what do you think?

I think that this is in fact the best solution, at least for the time
being. It was quite "recently" been added to t3lib_div and this is
something that we should provide. Of course it makes some inner working
visible to the outside but a whole refactore of the dispatcher is not
something that we may achieve in a short timeframe but there are
*currently* problems properly running Extbase plugins. As such the only
viable solution is to let wise people call this method which is part of v4.

Extbase is not FLOW3 even if it aims at being as close as possible to
it. Calling this method should be considered a v4 "hack", not the way to
go. Let's allow people to use modern development paradigms even if some
small hacks (sometimes) have to be introduced. Such hacks are only there
to let extensions work the way they are intended to work. People won't
learn them as being the way to think but the way to make it working
properly (when they encounter the bug) in v4.

Xavier