[TYPO3-mvc] Cache problem with update form

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Aug 7 22:17:26 CEST 2010

Hey,

>> could you please check if the action argument is part of the post
>> request and not only a getVar? The USER_INT switch is done using TS
>> conditions checking for GP:tx_your_ext|action = update. And due to the
>> way TYPO3 handles GET/POST vars in t3lib_div::_GPvar this condition
>> won't match if there are post vars but the action name is not part of
>> the post arguments.
>
> Wow, that's true, t3lib_div::_GP does not merge GET & POST vars and
> there is no TS condition for t3lib_div::_GPmerged.
> That means the cache switch wont work for post forms currently.. Bad
> news, because that's where it is usually needed.

yep - it took me ages to find that out and drove me nuts. I never
understood why t3lib_div::_GP is not working like t3lib_div::_GPmerged
by default, or at least why the TS condition doesn't use it.

> Maybe we can remove the TS condition and somehow work with
> t3lib_div::convertToUserIntObject()!?

I discussed this with Jochen once (there should be a topic on the
newsgroup already, from February or March this year). In general this
would the best solution, but for that a refactoring of the dispatcher
would be needed to not waste to many resources in booting up the whole
dispatcher twice. So it was postponed for after refactoring the
dispatcher IIRC.
Also we might need to provide a way to trigger this from inside a
controller, what do you think?