[TYPO3-mvc] [!!!] FYI: Implemented first version of single table inheritance.

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Apr 27 16:43:33 CEST 2010

Hi Felix.

On 27.04.10 10:24, Felix Oertel wrote:
> Am 15.04.10 22:37, schrieb Jochen Rau:
>> Party
>> | |
>> Organization Person
>> | |
>> Company ScientificInstitution
>>
>> The class Party is a class of another extension. All the other classes
>> are part of my extension. The classes Party and Organization will never
>> get instanciated but their concrete classes Person, Company and
>> ScientificInstitution.
> (i will skip the "scientific" for easier reading ;-) )
>
> let's assume we want to have the same listview for company and
> institution. we would just add listAction to the organizationController
> which both companyController and institutionController extend.
> unfortunately we would have to create the list.html twice, one in
> Templates/Company/ and another in Templates/Institution.
>
> wouldn't it be great to have some kind of template inheritance as well?
> if the method is of a parent controller, use the parent template as
> well, as long as there isn't a child template existing.
>
> what do you think?

That sounds cool (from now on I try to use the word "cool" and
"Scientific" as often as it makes sense ;-) ).

Your idea might fit into the concept of overlays discussed in
"[TYPO3-mvc] shared templates/partials? Or something like skin support
for FLUID/FLOW3/ExtBase". Could you please open an issue for that, so we
can keep track of this.

Thanks
Jochen