[TYPO3-mvc] [!!!] FYI: Implemented first version of single table inheritance.

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Tue Apr 27 10:24:59 CEST 2010

Hey,

Am 15.04.10 22:37, schrieb Jochen Rau:
>           Party
>            | |
> Organization Person
>       | |
> Company ScientificInstitution
>
> The class Party is a class of another extension. All the other classes
> are part of my extension. The classes Party and Organization will never
> get instanciated but their concrete classes Person, Company and
> ScientificInstitution.
(i will skip the "scientific" for easier reading ;-) )

let's assume we want to have the same listview for company and
institution. we would just add listAction to the organizationController
which both companyController and institutionController extend.
unfortunately we would have to create the list.html twice, one in
Templates/Company/ and another in Templates/Institution.

wouldn't it be great to have some kind of template inheritance as well?
if the method is of a parent controller, use the parent template as
well, as long as there isn't a child template existing.

what do you think?

regards, foertel