[TYPO3-mvc] Documentation

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sat Apr 10 20:45:49 CEST 2010

Hello again,

Another thing is bothering me about extbase/fluid: There is almost no
documentation. Or I am just to stupid to find it. Everything "official"
I found is on this page:

https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/doc_extbase/Documentation/

And this is rather intended for advanced coders. So I started to write a
little piece of more easy to understand documentation here:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extbase_HowTos

What do you think about this.

I also noted there is this "Ahhh" effect missing. I mean: When you
started to write your first TYPO3 extension it was very easy to
understand. And I have to admit it was quite more complicated getting my
first extbase extension up and running. You have up to three or four
levels of directory structures, all this MVC paradigms, etc.

I would just opt for NEVER removing the old way of creating a TYPO3 (v4)
extension as this is a big plus of TYPO3: It was easy to extend it
without being a information technology guru having studied 5 years of
computer science.

I for myself have choosen to study molecular biolgy after 5 years of
electronics/computer science school. Which I recognize right now is
something which can easily get into the area of the MVC concept, like
shown in the slides from Jochen Rau:

http://www.slideshare.net/jocrau/get-into-the-flow-with-extbase-2004846

The only thing missing in my eyse now is some kind of ribosome ;) and a
splicing machinery. And of course the evolutionary pressure is misssing.
Is it?

have a nice weekend,
Bernhard