[TYPO3-mvc] Validation in TCA and extbase

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 12 21:58:20 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
> We need to work on the error messages! Could you please create a ticket?

> Actually the Validations in @validate and the Validations in TCA have
> nothing to do with each other.

Well, not from a code point of view. They have something to do with
eachother: they work on the same record!

> Currently, one manually has to make sure they fit together (Validations
> in TCA and annotations).

Or should I turn off validation in showAction()? I'm not sure if
validating data in display actions is really useful.

> Besides that, I don't really like that one has to care about
> synchronizing these validators, but I don't have a nice clean solution
> to this problem right now.

The only solution I can think of is to build the BE interface in
extbase/fluid too...

> Greets from Dresden,
> Sebastian

Greetings from Nieuwegein,
--
Jigal van Hemert.

P.S. It was nice to meet you in person in Frankfurt :-)