[TYPO3-mvc] Validation in TCA and extbase

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Oct 13 08:41:15 CEST 2009

Hi Jigal,

> Well, not from a code point of view. They have something to do with
> eachother: they work on the same record!
Yep, sure!

> Or should I turn off validation in showAction()? I'm not sure if
> validating data in display actions is really useful.
You can do this as well. There is a @dontvalidate annotation for this.
It can be used like this: @dontvalidate $argument1 $argument2 $argument3
(to not validate argument 1 - 3)

I think in the long run, validation will only validate _changed_
properties and not all properties (or maybe this will be made configurable).
However, this is not implemented yet, and won't manage to do so until
4.3. So the current solution would be the dontvalidate annotation.

> The only solution I can think of is to build the BE interface in
> extbase/fluid too...
Currently yes. Maybe we can find some clever ways to make the
@validate-annotation-validators available in TCA (but I am really not
sure about this ;) )

Greets,
Sebastian