[TYPO3-mvc] Validation in TCA and extbase

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Oct 12 08:47:47 CEST 2009

Hey Jigal,

> I'm just scratching the surface of extbase and I'm working on my first
> (simple) extension.
> When viewing the single view (showAction) of a record I got an error
> message about a validation which failed for that record (no details
> unfortunately about which field and which validator).
We need to work on the error messages! Could you please create a ticket?

> There is no eval for email addresses available in TCA AFAIK.
:-(

> How can this be solved? Are all eval possibilities available in
> @validate? Am I kind of "forced" to build the BE interface in extbase too?
Actually the Validations in @validate and the Validations in TCA have
nothing to do with each other.
All @validate-annotations are parsed in Extbase and can currently be
found in Classes/Validation/Validator/*.

Currently, one manually has to make sure they fit together (Validations
in TCA and annotations).

I doubt that we can still change this before 4.3, as I suppose it would
involve quite some changes and refactorings.

Besides that, I don't really like that one has to care about
synchronizing these validators, but I don't have a nice clean solution
to this problem right now.

Greets from Dresden,
Sebastian