[TYPO3-mvc] Using a different template engine

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Oct 6 10:11:04 CEST 2009

Hey Peter,

> So, where should I head? Provide an extra "independant" generic
> Tx_Xyz_ActionController that handles that for me and that I would extend
> in each individual ActionController? Or, could you brilliant genius ;)
> come up with another approach/hint to ease using another Template Engine?
Yep, currently I would use the first idea - Create a subclass of
ActionController you use for all your extensions as a basis.

In FLOW3 it would be easy to reconfigure the dependency injection, so
that it could inject a PHPTalView instead of Fluid's Template View for
example - but we don't have this yet in Extbase :-)

Greets,
Sebastian