[TYPO3-mvc] Using a different template engine

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Oct 6 09:31:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

first of all let me point out that I really much appreciate the work you
have accomplished with extbase and fluid! It is really fun to see and
use this code! :->

As some of you might remember I am a big fan of phptal and really like
to be able to stick with it at least for another little while.

So now my issue is to change the behaviour of
ActionController::resolveView(). Currently to me it seems kind of
"hardcoded" to fluid.

It works very nicely to override this in my
Tx_FooExtension_Controller_CustomController::resolveView(). Obviously
overriding this method in each single controller works but doesn't feel
well.

So, where should I head? Provide an extra "independant" generic
Tx_Xyz_ActionController that handles that for me and that I would extend
in each individual ActionController? Or, could you brilliant genius ;)
come up with another approach/hint to ease using another Template Engine?

Thx and Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag