[TYPO3-mvc] Quickstart documentation

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Wed May 27 22:05:47 CEST 2009

Hi Franz,

thanks for your effort. Nice work!

On 2009-05-27 19:30:04 +0200, "franz ripfel" <typo3 at abezet.de> said:

> Hi list,
>
> until now i was planning to have two parts in the quickstart documentation.
> part1: Understanding blog_example
> part2: Write your own extension (in a guided way)
>
> Right now i wonder if this part2 is out of scope of a quickstart.
> Do you think there should be a part2 like this? Or is it better to have
>  this in the main manual (like the car rental system)?
>
> Especially interesting would be the opinion of Sebastian and Jochen :)

Here we go ;-)

I would prefer to have the "write your own extension" guide in the
manual. Let's concentrate to have a good step-by-step quickstart manual
first. It would be confusing to have two different Domains inside the
quickstart manual.

I would also prefer to stick to one Example Domain (A Blog Application)
for the whole documentation. In rare cases (where the domain model of a
Blog isn't applicable) we could take a peek at another domain.

Regards
Jochen

--
"Every nit picked is a bug fixed"