[TYPO3-mvc] How to access TS config options and some other questions

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Thu May 21 09:26:29 CEST 2009

Hey Susanne :-)

Thanks for checking out Extbase and Fluid!

> 1.) I traverse some addresses in my template and want to have them
> sorted. Should I sort the object before I assign it to the template (in
> the Repository or the controller or...) or do I do that stuff in the
> template? [or shall I use findWhere() with lots of empty variables and
> an orderBy?]
Currently I'd do this either in the Repository through a custom query or
in the Controller.

> 2.) I want to have some TS config options to set a limit or overwrite
> one of the templates. Can you point me to a function to use for that or
> to some magic that does it for me?
First: The limit:

You have your extension configuration available in the controller as
$this->settings.
We are planning to hand this configuration to the View, so it will be
available as {settings} inside the template. However, this is not yet
implemented, but could you open a Ticket in Fluid for this? (This will
definitely be implemented until 4.3)

Second: Overriding one of the templates:
We'll introduce some TS setting where you can specify the path to a
certain template - however this needs still to be implemented as well ;)

> 3.) Is there a method to add custom stylesheets or do I use
> $GLOBALS['TSFE'] like before?
Look at $this->response->addAdditionalHeaderData() in the contreoller :)

Greets and have fun with Extbase,
Sebastian