[TYPO3-mvc] MVC, pages and FlexForms

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Tue Jun 16 09:22:15 CEST 2009

Hi *,

I have some general questions about ExtBase and Fluid.

An application has multiple controllers with multiple actions. There's
one default controller with one default action which is shown when
nothing else is specified. Ok. That works for the Blog Example.

1. But what to do when I want to display the hottest topics on the home
page? I need a flexform on which the admin can define what should be
shown at a certain place. Can I somehow call a speciic Controller/Action
via Flexform? If not, the default Action will be called and I have to do
the dispatching there by hand (which I thought we should get rid of with
MVC).

2. Using the Fluid f:link.action, can I somehow link to another page?
Most applications have something like a list page and a single view page
and not all on one page.

3. Where can I get the FlexForm values from? My old friend pibase went by...
I looked into the source of pi_initPIflexForm() and it fetches the data
from $this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'] but $this->cObj is not available
(and when I instanciate tslib_cObj by hand the flexform data is of
course not there either).
What is the proper way?