[TYPO3-mvc] MVC, pages and FlexForms

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Jun 17 06:50:37 CEST 2009

Hi Sebastian,

> 1. But what to do when I want to display the hottest topics on the home
> page? I need a flexform on which the admin can define what should be
> shown at a certain place. Can I somehow call a speciic Controller/Action
> via Flexform? If not, the default Action will be called and I have to do
> the dispatching there by hand (which I thought we should get rid of with
> MVC).
In this case, I would create multiple TYPO3 plugins by calling the
"RegisterExtbasePlugin" multiple times (in ext_tables.php). One for the
list view and one for the single view.

> 2. Using the Fluid f:link.action, can I somehow link to another page?
> Most applications have something like a list page and a single view page
> and not all on one page.
Yep, action link has a "page" argument for this.

And as you have the settings in the template available, you can do
something like <f:link.action
page="{settings.singleViewPage}">...</f:link.action>.

 > 3. Where can I get the FlexForm values from? My old friend pibase went
 > by...
 > I looked into the source of pi_initPIflexForm() and it fetches the data
 > from $this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'] but $this->cObj is not available
 > (and when I instanciate tslib_cObj by hand the flexform data is of
 > course not there either).
 > What is the proper way?
Settings from TypoScript and from flexforms are automatically merged, so
you should have them available in $this->settings. This is implemented
in Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher::getSettings() and Tx_Extbase_Configuration_*
if you want to have a look.

Greets,
Sebastian
PS: I'm not fully sure if you have the settings available in the View,
if not, please tell me so I can implement this right away :-)