[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a picture

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Mon Jun 15 09:49:49 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
>> 1) The view is rendered only once, I get the text "show graph" only
>> after a FE clear, when I refresh the page, it is empty until I clear
>> again the cache. If I set the no-cache parameter on the page, this
>> does not work better. This is a real problem and the only way I found
>> to prevent this is to use Christian Müller's id to use a eID and
>> instantiate Extbase myself. It is not really nice.
>
>> 2) Action "show" renders the whole page, I have to add an "exit"
>> statement after $graph->Stroke(); to prevent this. Is there another
>> "official" solution?
> Nope, not yet. I dislike the exit(), and maybe it would be better to use
> eID and write a new Extbase dispatcher for eID. What do you think about
> this?
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian

I do not know what you have in mind with a Extbase dispatcher for eID,
but my first thought was that extBase could by default take the eID
'extbase' and provide a basic script that connects DB, inits fe_user
(maybe read page TS?) and then tries to dispatch the current request if
possible. That way in standard situations an ExtBase developer could
simply implement an action that creates the wanted AJAX / image /
whatever output and generate links with eID=extbase and that's it.

If this sounds like a good solution to you, I would give it a try.

greets,
Christian