[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a picture

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Jun 15 10:52:37 CEST 2009

Sebastian KurfŸürst wrote:

Hi there,

> Nope, not yet. I dislike the exit(), and maybe it would be better to use
> eID and write a new Extbase dispatcher for eID.

> What do you think about this?

I think, eID is a great solution for communication between services
(e.g. AJAX, Flash, Software Clients...)

But for outputting something different than (X)HTML a new "page type"
seems to be the right way to me.
We already have some predefined page types in TYPO3 for PDF, XML,
plaintext etc..

Why not add a new page type for rendering the vCard or a jpgraph?

tx_savjpgraphImage = PAGE
tx_savjpgraphImage {
	typeNum = {$plugin.tx_savjpgraphImage.imagePageType}
	10 = USER
	10 {
		userFunc = tx_extbase_dispatcher->dispatch
		pluginName = foo
		extensionName = sav_jpgraph
		controller = Standard
		action = bar