[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering a picture

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Jun 15 09:22:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> 1) The view is rendered only once, I get the text "show graph" only
>> after a FE clear, when I refresh the page, it is empty until I clear
>> again the cache. If I set the no-cache parameter on the page, this
>> does not work better. This is a real problem and the only way I found
>> to prevent this is to use Christian Müller's id to use a eID and
>> instantiate Extbase myself. It is not really nice.
>
>> 2) Action "show" renders the whole page, I have to add an "exit"
>> statement after $graph->Stroke(); to prevent this. Is there another
>> "official" solution?
> Nope, not yet. I dislike the exit(), and maybe it would be better to use
> eID and write a new Extbase dispatcher for eID. What do you think about
> this?

Yes, why not but then we need a tag to generate the eID link too. There
is a need to support AJAX anyway and as such, the Controller should be
able to send back what it needs and not more than this, meaning eID or
AJAX in FE should may be implemented the same way.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en