[TYPO3-ttnews] Further development of tt_news

Simon Schick simonsimcity at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 13:22:35 CET 2013

Hi, Georg

On 20.03.13 11:25, Georg Ringer wrote:

> so what are you missing? Maybe it makes more sense to have it in news
> for others too?
>
> BTW you get quite some features too in ext:news which won't be done in
> tt_news like UnitTests and many other things
>
> georg

I don't see unit-tests as a feature, but as a helping-method to ensure
that all is working as expected by the programmer.

Stuff I miss in ext:news is:

* Build-In support for content-elements is not as good as rgnewsce ... I
even have problems adding a bunch of images as "gallery" to the end of
the news-entry.

* Having a main-category and several secondary-categories in an article
- f.e. for generating a canonical-link (already discussed that :))

But just to get the direction:
Is ext:news thought to get as far as possible to an drop-in replacement
for tt_news? tt_news does not seem to be actively developed since quite
some years for now and I found many outstanding bugs (some of them are
mission-critical) not been fixed ...

If it will, I'll - from now on - completely focus on getting something
done with ext:news and let tt_news die out.
So - just the basic question about maintenance in the future, specially
future TYPO3 CMS installations.

Bye
Simon