[TYPO3-ttnews] Further development of tt_news

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Thu Mar 21 13:43:13 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 21.03.2013 13:22, schrieb Simon Schick:
> I don't see unit-tests as a feature, but as a helping-method to ensure
> that all is working as expected by the programmer.

also important for every integrator. I e.g. test the repository calls if
the result is the correct one.

how else can you be sure for 100% that if set archive date,
startingpoint, and so on if it works ;)

> * Build-In support for content-elements is not as good as rgnewsce ... I
> even have problems adding a bunch of images as "gallery" to the end of
> the news-entry.

never heard of it, therefore I can't fix it ;)

> * Having a main-category and several secondary-categories in an article
> - f.e. for generating a canonical-link (already discussed that :))

simply done with a small addon extension

> But just to get the direction:
> Is ext:news thought to get as far as possible to an drop-in replacement
> for tt_news? tt_news does not seem to be actively developed since quite
> some years for now and I found many outstanding bugs (some of them are
> mission-critical) not been fixed ...

I don't do ext:news to replace anything else but to make something cool.
IMO tt_news was thought to be feature complete but I don't know anything
about future development.

If it is a replacement for you, great. If not I guess you will need to
fork tt_news or wait some more years.

> If it will, I'll - from now on - completely focus on getting something
> done with ext:news and let tt_news die out.
> So - just the basic question about maintenance in the future, specially
> future TYPO3 CMS installations.

I care about maintenance for ext:news, that for sure
Georg