[TYPO3-ttnews] Further development of tt_news

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Mar 20 11:25:54 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 20.03.2013 11:19, schrieb Simon Schick:
> Is someone interested in contributing to a forge, or a new major version
> of tt_news, where templates are build on FLUID?

having fluid wouldn't be really hard I guess as you can just some hooks
to render everything a bit different but does that really make sense?

I remember tt_news being just enourmous big, I never understood having
LIST1-3, ...

but yes of course I am using ext:news

>but to
> dramatically reduce the amount of TypoScript configuration.

I am not sure if this is doable as this is not just used for the view.

> I am missing quite a bunch of things in news that I have in tt_news, but
> I miss the flexibility in template-creation that I have using FLUID.

so what are you missing? Maybe it makes more sense to have it in news
for others too?

BTW you get quite some features too in ext:news which won't be done in
tt_news like UnitTests and many other things

georg