[TYPO3-ttnews] Rendering a news overview

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:19:59 CET 2012

On 2012-02-10 13:52, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 07.02.2012 17:03, schrieb Oliver Salzburg:
>> The first part is that I don't know how to render a list of news items
>> in any other layout than the default one (which I adjusted by changing
>> the root paths and then adjusting the layout/template files).
>
> there are same possibilities there. the easiest would be to use a
> condition on {contentObjectData.xx} which holds the cObj->data information.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but, are you suggesting I
use conditions for all my different templating needs, in a single
template?
While I assume that that would work just fine for now, it seems like
that would clutter the markup substantially.

>> When I edit the news content element on my generic news page, I see
>> there is a dropdown labeled "Template Layout", but it's empty.
>
> you can fill that with a custom extension by extending
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXT']['news']['templateLayouts']
>
> the code for it is in Tx_News_Hooks_ItemsProcFunc::user_templateLayout()
>
> and yeah, manual is missing for that.

I'm still wondering if it could help me solve my issue. Not really sure
where I could go from here with this.

>> The second part is that, if I knew how to render what I want (by using
>> the user interface elements), I still don't know how to express that in
>> TS.
>
> you wanna know how settings called in TS which are available in TS? this
> is pretty simple as it is plugin.tx_news.settings.xyz and xyz is the
> name of the flexform which you can always find out by using e.g.
> firebug. the names should be all in manual though.

Thanks, that part I knew. What I was always wondering about is
something like this:
lib.field_navigation < tt_content.list.20.news_pi1

Which allows me to render the news plugin in place of what was
previously a HMNEU. I guess I could now also go ahead and configure
lib.file_navigation to take a different partialRootPath, so the news on
my target page are rendered as headlines only... Or couldn't I? Sounds
like a bad idea to keep copying folders around.

Cheers
Oliver