[TYPO3-ttnews] Rendering a news overview

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Feb 10 13:52:20 CET 2012

Am 07.02.2012 17:03, schrieb Oliver Salzburg:
> The first part is that I don't know how to render a list of news items
> in any other layout than the default one (which I adjusted by changing
> the root paths and then adjusting the layout/template files).

there are same possibilities there. the easiest would be to use a
condition on {contentObjectData.xx} which holds the cObj->data information.

> When I edit the news content element on my generic news page, I see
> there is a dropdown labeled "Template Layout", but it's empty.

you can fill that with a custom extension by extending
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXT']['news']['templateLayouts']

the code for it is in Tx_News_Hooks_ItemsProcFunc::user_templateLayout()

and yeah, manual is missing for that.

> The second part is that, if I knew how to render what I want (by using
> the user interface elements), I still don't know how to express that in
> TS.

you wanna know how settings called in TS which are available in TS? this
is pretty simple as it is plugin.tx_news.settings.xyz and xyz is the
name of the flexform which you can always find out by using e.g.
firebug. the names should be all in manual though.

Georg