[TYPO3-ttnews] Rendering a news overview

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Feb 14 18:52:56 CET 2012

Am 13.02.2012 11:19, schrieb Oliver Salzburg:
> Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying

not that easy coming together... ;) are you at t3board or t3dd?

> but, are you suggesting I
> use conditions for all my different templating needs, in a single
> template?

this is what you can of course do and is very fast as the templates
would be still very small when using partials.

> While I assume that that would work just fine for now, it seems like
> that would clutter the markup substantially.

it really depends but IMO it is a suitable way.

> I'm still wondering if it could help me solve my issue. Not really sure
> where I could go from here with this.

it makes it possible to render a selectbox with different template
options which you then can check in the template using a f:if condition=""

> I guess I could now also go ahead and configure
> lib.file_navigation to take a different partialRootPath, so the news on
> my target page are rendered as headlines only... Or couldn't I? Sounds
> like a bad idea to keep copying folders around.

sure you could do that but if most things are the same I would go with a
condition inside one template set and not duplicating everything

Georg