[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Sun Sep 18 10:47:47 CEST 2011

Hi Ben,

On 17.09.2011 22:59, ben van 't ende wrote:
> That is the easy part, but after
> that the extensions need to be maintained and checked by a group and at the
> moment we simply do not have the manpower for that.

Maybe as some kind of intermediate step - and maybe also as motivation
to contribute - what do you think of the "valid until..." solution for
recommendations?

I know several companies that require central documents or
specifications to be reviewed once a year, meaning that the author or a
distinct reviewer needs to take a look on it and is forced to decide
between "still ok" or "needs to be changed".

Translated to extension voting: Each vote has a "last changed" date
anyway. After one year, the voting account is required to either change
the voting or to confirm that it is still valid. Votes that are overdue
for more than 3 months are not counted anymore until they get renewed.

If the vote is not only a single "yes/no" decision, this could help to
re-think things, maybe to spend some time into improvements (maybe a
tutorial or so), and you have feedback for every second core release
from any voter.

In the best of all worlds, the extension owner would get a small
notification if an extension gets "downvoted" (and for what reason).

No matter how these things go on - thank you very much for all the work
and for the feedback here!

Thomas