[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Sat Sep 17 22:59:48 CEST 2011

Hey Georg,

Funny to see you mention me as a silent listener ;-) It is hard to react to this
moment we do not have the possibility to deal with A-class extensions. Kay wants
to build this into the Extension Repository. That is the easy part, but after
that the extensions need to be maintained and checked by a group and at the
moment we simply do not have the manpower for that. I do agree that the most
downloaded extension of TYPO3 needs some more love then currently and I have
brought that topic up again in the RnD committee. Our main concern however still
is the core development of TYPO3. Everyone involved in this whole thread is able
to contribute to the community. I realise we are not doing a good job at the
moment to allow easy contribution to TYPO3. I am currently working at the
typo3.org relaunch sprint in Wiesbaden. The new website will be a lot clearer in
indicating where and how one can contribute. As community manager I try to
improve communication in the community and especially in the teams or rather
between the teams. There is a lot that can be improved, but this can't be done
from one day to the other, but still there is a lot of progress as you might
have seen in the steady release cycle, the LTS release of 4.5 and the many
accessible meetings we have nowadays.

In this thread I see a lot of demands, but those demands cannot be achieved
without your participation.

Please feel free to mail me personally if you have any ideas or questions.

Have a great sunday!

ben

--
TYPO3 Community Manager