[TYPO3-ttnews] News2: How to preview an article while editing / Usage of previewHiddenRecords

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Mon Nov 14 18:47:48 CET 2011

Hi Felix.

Am 14.11.2011 18:02, schrieb Felix Nagel:
> we've implemented a fully working news2 solution but now struggling how
> to preview articles while editing.

I hope you are using news and not news2 anymore?!

> Ive tried previewHiddenRecords but it seems not to work via TS (flexform
> did work, perhaps I need to check this again) and has some other
> problems: Is there any kind of a "see in frontend" link within the BE?
> We can not advise our customer to change the ID within the URL (we're
> using RealUrl so...).

Did you check the manual

Preview of hidden records

It is possible to get a preview of news records. Therefore the following
setting needs to be added to the PagesTsConfig:

tx_news.singlePid = 123
Of course 123 needs to be changed to the ID of the page on which the
news record should be shown. A plugin with the view “Detail view” and
the checkbox “Allow hidden records” needs to be created.