[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Fri Jan 7 10:00:44 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 07.01.2011 09:30, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> Exactely. The normals fields define the date when the entry was written.
> And the "event date fields" define when the event takes place.
> The ext I was talking about is called mbl_newsevent. (It also handles
> event time spans (from - to) and registration.)

this is something for another extension or at least for a later time in
news2. I don't see the need for the original use case "news".

> Then, in the list module, there additional fields for page, uid, date,
> archive date, last change, author and category. But there is no way to
> show and/or sort by other fields, especially not when they come from
> other extension. So at the moment I have no chance to "show"  and "sort
> by" my entries by event date unless I hack a core script...

this is wrong. click on the table name, choose the fields you need from
the select box, save and click on the field titles in the table header.

> The more I read about extbase and fluid here, the more overwhelmed I
> get. Seems to be a relly great thing!

yes it is

>> This shouldn't be a problem with fluid as you just need to have an
>> additional onclick event on the more link and a lightbox which can
>> handle that.
>
> And a definition of a separate page becomes obsolete? That would be just
> awesome!

to be honest, I don't exactly know because I didn't test it. I guess you
still need a seperate page but no matter, this is not a core feature of
news2. lighbox > seperate extension. It is possible with news2 for sure.

Georg