[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 10:31:16 CET 2011

Hi, Georg,
>> Exactely. The normals fields define the date when the entry was written.
>> And the "event date fields" define when the event takes place.
>> The ext I was talking about is called mbl_newsevent. (It also handles
>> event time spans (from - to) and registration.)
> this is something for another extension or at least for a later time in
> news2. I don't see the need for the original use case "news".
Oh, that's a pitty. "from-to" spans and "registration" are indeed
feature that have nothing to do with news, but an "event date" was
always sth I considered as extremely important...

>> Then, in the list module, there additional fields for page, uid, date,
>> archive date, last change, author and category. But there is no way to
>> show and/or sort by other fields, especially not when they come from
>> other extension. So at the moment I have no chance to "show"  and "sort
>> by" my entries by event date unless I hack a core script...
> this is wrong. click on the table name, choose the fields you need from
> the select box, save and click on the field titles in the table header.
That's the Typo3 out-of-the-box feature, when you're in the list module.
I know that one.

But the tt_news 3.x BE module doesn't offer that. In my opinion it is
actually redundant, on the other hand, if it's there, it should be able
to do more...

Any chance I can interest you in the event date discussion??? :-)

Regards,
Robert