[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Fri Jan 7 08:09:53 CET 2011

Hi Robert,

Am 06.01.2011 23:42, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> - Additional date fields for Events / Sorting (1): Since there are many
> cases where tt_news is used as an event calender, there should be
> additional date fields that can be used as event date. (There is an
> extension existing right now that extends tt_news in just that
> manner...) These field should enable a sorting according to when these
> events happen (and not to when the respective news entry was
> written/published).

an additional field next to normal date field and archive date?

> The following ideas are more of a cosmetic nature....
>
> - Sorting (2): a good sortable list overview in the BE would be great,
> too. The features right now seem too little, when it comes to many
> entries... (of course it can be done the "TYPO3" way, which is awesome,
> but thinking of my clientel, there are some, who have trouble
> understanding the clipboard etc)

you mean to get those arrows up/down?
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/11985

> - Enough hooks (but maybe extbase handles this feature automatically
> now... I don't know yet; I mention this because the developer of the
> tt_news event ext mentions in the manual that there are hooks missing at
> the moment...)

Working with extbase is a little bit different but there are already
many hooks for the backend like to get different sorting fields in the
plugins' settings.

> - Lightbox for content (addon to Thomas' list): I think, it was you,
> Georg, who actually presented a solution for that problem in one of your
> other extensions via defining a new page type that has no document body
> ... or so ...  I don't know if there can be an "out of the box" feature
> that enables the more link to open the main content in a lightbox...

Ah now I understand. Single view in lightbox?
This shouldn't be a problem with fluid as you just need to have an
additional onclick event on the more link and a lightbox which can
handle that.

Georg