[TYPO3-ttnews] Related news - no link parameters with simulatestatic

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Mon Aug 22 10:49:16 CEST 2011

My news setup seems all working, except when try to link related news the
links are incorrect.

They appear on the page, with the link to the correct single view page, but
with no news id. If I follow them I go to the correct page with single view,
but get: 'no news_id given'

e.g. the link is simply to singlepage.html

Links in list view work properly, e.g. I get singlepage+M5ac3ca87b74.html

I've found that if I disable simulateStatic then the related links get
created properly, so what am I missing here?

Thanks

config {
  simulateStaticDocuments=1
  simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc=md5
  simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc_onlyP = cHash, L, print, tx_ttnews[backPid],
tx_ttnews[tt_news], tx_ttnews[pS], tx_ttnews[pL], tx_ttnews[arc],
tx_ttnews[cat], tx_ttnews[pointer], tx_ttnews[swords]
  spamProtectEmailAddresses=4
}

plugin.tt_news {

### Settings for Related News:
  related_stdWrap.wrap = <dl class="news-single-related">|</dl>
  relatedHeader_stdWrap.wrap = <dt>|</dt>
  # icon for related news
  tmp.5 = IMAGE
  tmp.5 {
    file = EXT:tt_news/ext_icon.gif
    file.width = 11
    file.height = 12
    wrap = | &nbsp;
  }
  # end-wrap for the getRelated objects
  tmp.20 = TEXT
  tmp.20 {
    field = datetime
    strftime = %d-%m-%Y
    wrap = &nbsp;-&nbsp; |
  }
  # Build the list of related news:
  getRelatedCObject = COA
  getRelatedCObject {
    # groupBy =
    orderBy = datetime desc
    10 = CASE
    10.key.field = type
    # settings for 'normal' related news
    10.default = COA
    10.default {
      wrap = <dd> | </dd>
      5 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.5
      10 = TEXT
      10.field = title
      10.typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tt_news.singlePid}
      10.typolink.additionalParams.data = register:newsAddParams
      10.typolink.useCacheHash = 1
      20 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.20
    }
        # settings for related news, that point to internal pages
    10.1 = COA
    10.1 {
      wrap = <dd> | </dd>
      5 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.5
      5.file = EXT:tt_news/res/tt_news_article.gif
      10 = TEXT
      10.field = title
      10.typolink.parameter.field = page
      20 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.20
    }
    # settings for related news, that point to external URLs
    10.2 = COA
    10.2 {
      wrap = <dd> | </dd>
      5 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.5
      5.file = EXT:tt_news/res/tt_news_exturl.gif
      10 = TEXT
      10.field = title
      10.typolink.parameter.field = ext_url
      20 < plugin.tt_news.tmp.20