[TYPO3-ttnews] Cache problem with pagebrowser

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Mon Aug 22 21:57:46 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm facing the following problem here (latest tt_news version, all Typo3
versions from 4.3.x up to 4.5.x):

I have a list view, showing the latest 6 entries + pagebrowser. all news
records are of type "external URL" and have a preview image (of the
linked PDF file).

Once the cache expires (either by time, or when inserting a record...)
the new "default" configuration is depending on how the first hit at the
PageID is:
a) Direct hit to the page without params (/index.php?id=123): The page
gets cached with the first page of the pagebrowser as it is intended to
happen.
b) Someone (or a crawler) hits the page at the second or fifth page of
the pagebrowser
(/index.php?id=123&tx_ttnews%5Bpointer%5D=2&cHash=someFancycHashHere):
Now, this page content is written to cache as default, so the next user
calling /index.php?id=123 does not get the latest news, but the second
page of the list instead (until cache gets cleared again).

Do you have any hint on how to get rid of this? All I want to see is the
first page as default, no matter how the first hit on this page looks
like...

Thanks in advance,

Thomas