[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 vs tt_news -> TYPO3 CORE?

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 14:14:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Also looking at

>> other CMSs like Contao or Wordpress or Drupal, one has to admit: the news
>> feature is always integrated and one might really wonder, why it isn't in
>> TYPO3...
>>

> Oh come on, wordpress? This is news only and nothing else ;)

Yeah, but wordpress evolved and it is NOT news only anymore, shop features,
versioning, workspace etc opened it to a big community - and it is a way
more flexible community than the T3 Dev one. So see it from the other
side...

 But the discussion is old and even though developers offer a discussion
> with
> the community I rarely see any "insightful" reactions on behalf of the
> developers when there are statements from the community.

I gave you some arguments and I can assure that news2 outside of the core
> will give you a better system than the other way round.

Exactely - a system within a system. Even a CMS within a CMS... everything
gets blown up and big and takes more time, which is in my opinion not the
idea of a CMS.

But - Georg: let me be straight forward:it is great that you take on all the
work for bringing tt_news to a new live again. But I followed this
discussions here on this list for quite some time now: You ask for input and
ideas - and many people brought in their input and ideas. But I can't
remember any case where you actually said: yepp that's good, let's integrate
that. You always bring in aguments that represent your point of view - which
is totally ok. But you make them the ruling ones and you never seem to try
to see problems or needs from another side. It is always your experience and
your scenario that predominates.

Which is really totally ok! It is your work and your extension and many
people will be happy etc.

Neverhteless: I decided to write my own ext that can do what I need instead
of sticking with tt_news or news2 now which just get bigger and bigger and
more complicated (nevertheless fascinateing) and still cannot do simple
things - things that people asked for and you said no.

In the end I think you missed a big opportunity here... but that is always
the case with a one-man-show.

Sorry for being not really positive here! However, I wish you good luck with
news2.
Robert