[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 vs tt_news -> TYPO3 CORE?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Apr 9 13:39:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 09.04.2011 13:11, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> Well, just to throw in my 2 cents: I need news way more often than the
> workspace feature or the versioning system for example.

this is the case for me too, but versioning is an essential feature
which is done by the core because also every other extension can use it
without any extra configuration.

It is just that much work because it has been integrated not from the
start. Thish is e.g. totally different with FLOW3

Also looking at
> other CMSs like Contao or Wordpress or Drupal, one has to admit: the news
> feature is always integrated and one might really wonder, why it isn't in
> TYPO3...

Oh come on, wordpress? This is news only and nothing else ;)

> But the discussion is old and even though developers offer a discussion with
> the community I rarely see any "insightful" reactions on behalf of the
> developers when there are statements from the community.

I gave you some arguments and I can assure that news2 outside of the
core will give you a better system than the other way round.

As this is a list for tt_news (and news2), can you stick to news2 but I
guess there will be many voices from others when you open a thread like
this in e.g. typo3.dev

Georg