[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 vs tt_news -> TYPO3 CORE?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Apr 9 14:40:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 09.04.2011 14:14, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> But - Georg: let me be straight forward:it is great that you take on all the
> work for bringing tt_news to a new live again. But I followed this
> discussions here on this list for quite some time now: You ask for input and
> ideas - and many people brought in their input and ideas. But I can't
> remember any case where you actually said: yepp that's good, let's integrate
> that. You always bring in aguments that represent your point of view - which
> is totally ok. But you make them the ruling ones and you never seem to try
> to see problems or needs from another side. It is always your experience and
> your scenario that predominates.

Sorry but which features and ideas are you talking about? Nikolas and I
want to have a clean and working base including the most important
features. Most of those features have been done by 2 of us and if
someone brings only ideas - I need to decide nwhich I want to do first.
This is kind of different if people come forwared with code.

> Neverhteless: I decided to write my own ext that can do what I need instead
> of sticking with tt_news or news2 now which just get bigger and bigger and
> more complicated (nevertheless fascinateing) and still cannot do simple
> things - things that people asked for and you said no.

So what should I do? Make it bigger and bring in other feature requests
or stick with the basics? Seems I can do it only wrong ...

What are you implementing what can not be done within news2?

> In the end I think you missed a big opportunity here... but that is always
> the case with a one-man-show.

This is not my intention and everyone can step in the developing. So a
big sorry to all of those who have been disapointed by my discussions.
Come forward again :)

Georg