[TYPO3-ttnews] Category description in single

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Feb 13 10:05:55 CET 2009

Rudy Gnodde wrote:
> A website I made has a news list with news from several authors. Since a
> lot of the news items have opinions of the author it is important to
> show more information about the author. I want to use news categories
> for this, since they already have everything I need (title, image and
> description).
Hi Rudy,

there's also an extension to build a relation between author and news (and not just the name to the author). I don't remember the name, sorry..

You can use Georg's ttnewsgenericmarkers extension to easily insert additional fields or build an own extension which hooks into extraItemMarkerHook - see tt_news manual section "Extending tt_news"!

Steffen