[TYPO3-ttnews] Category description in single

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Thu Feb 12 12:59:09 CET 2009

Hello,

A website I made has a news list with news from several authors. Since a
lot of the news items have opinions of the author it is important to
show more information about the author. I want to use news categories
for this, since they already have everything I need (title, image and
description).

However, there is no marker for the category description in the
template. Is it possible to show this field in the single view? I've
tried using categoryTitleItem_stdWrap for this, but can't seem to get it
right.

Thanks,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet