[TYPO3-ttnews] news/blog with commenting system

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Jul 7 00:23:07 CEST 2008

Hello Jochen and Michael

> Hi Michael,
>
>> but I want SINGLE to display the latest news automatically
>>
> try these exts:
>
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/xw_ttnewslatestsingle/0.4.
> 0/ http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/rscombinews/1.0.1/
>
> The second one seems still to be maintained and updated regularly.

Search this list or the english list. I think I have given an answer at this
before (it's on this list). Single and latest/list on same page.

The TS to get the single show the latest news is on page 61, Default news id.

Of course you can use the extensions, personaly I try to do it with pure
TS if I can. Both these aren't using xclass, but hooks, so they shouldn't
make to much trouble when upgrading.

>> and LIST view should not display the news that SINGLE displays. Can
>> this achieved?
>>
> Yup. In flexform config on the tab "Other Settings" you will find the
> follwing option:
>
> "List StartId: Force LIST or LATEST to start from this item"
>
> If you put the value of 1 in there the plugin will start with the
> second news not with the first one according to ordering by date.
>
> I guess you will also find this setting as TS setup (listStartId or
> something like this), but I'm not sure.

The TS listStartId is correct, but is deprecated. The correct TS is excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews
= 1. But I have some problem with them working together with list and single
on same page.

Michael. I suppose you are using the news plugin as a content element. An
advice is to try to configure the news elements as pure TS. A bit more complicated,
but it gives much more oportunity to finetune the behavior off tt_news.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no