[TYPO3-ttnews] news/blog with commenting system

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sun Jul 6 14:43:22 CEST 2008

Hello Michael,

> Hi list,
>
> I want to use tt_news as basis for a blog/news system on my personal
> site and therefore I want to adjust the amount of words viewed in LIST
> view, is this possible? Can't seem to find anything about it in the
> manual, only for SINGLE view, but I would like to have more than one
> news/blog item on a page.

Look in the manual, about page 49, "Display settings for "Single","LIST",etc".
You are looking for subheader_stdWrap. The manual shows an example. If you
want to use the text from the bodytext instead of the subheader, change the
template file, and use content_stdWrap instead.

> I would also like to integrate a commenting system, which should be
> accessible through some FE login system, therefore ve_guestbook seems
> to be a little inadequate because anyone can post a comment. It would
> be great if the blog/comments could be linked to some forum and the
> comments could be passed this way. There seem to be an extension for
> chc_forum but not for mm_forum and again chc_forum seems to have
> stopped development, suggestions?

To only give logged in users the possibility to post comments and/or read
you only have to hide the form/comments for not logged in users. Every element
i TYPO3 can be accessible only to logged in users.

The extension news2forum creates new topic in mm_forum on a newspost.

> I have also noticed the timtab extension, but it doesn't seem to be
> updated anymore and also depends on ve_guestbook for comments which
> would allow anyone to post a comment (unless I can hide the commenting
> system for persons who is not logged in on the front end)
>
> Any help is much appreciated,
>
> Kind Regards,
> Michael Lindholm Nielsen

WBR,