[TYPO3-ttnews] Some impressions of the new News Admin module

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Apr 9 01:18:31 CEST 2008

First, in my two testing installations (both TYPO3 4.2.0RC1) the News Admin
shows all categories and all news articles whatever page choosen in the page
tree. Not a big problem, but it raises some questions/problems.

mod.web_txttnewsM1.list.pidForNewArticles are set in the TSconfig of rootpage.

1. It gives the opportunity to make new categories on every page in the pagetree.
Shouldn't be possible (maybe there are a way to prevent it). Setting useStoragePid
= 1 in the Extensions Manager do not prevent it. And has in my opinion other
drawbacks to.

2. It gives the opportunity to put news articles on every page oi the page
tree if you not are using mod.web_txttnewsM1.list.pidForNewArticles in a
proper way. Because of the new element icon on top of the list. So with proper
setup it easy to prevent it, even on sites with more than one sysfolder for
news articles. It's easy to configure different parts of the page three to
save news articles in different pages.. But;
- either drop the new element button
- or point out the proper configuration in the documentation

Another possible solutions is to make it possible to configure on which pages
the News Admin should be able to show news and categories. Probably this
is the intention.

Also, on my testing installations normal BE-users don't se any news in the
News Admin module. Already made categories are shown, but new categories
(created from the module) don't show up in the list. Have checked Page Access
and user/group setting, and can't find anything who should make problems.

It should be possible to list only news in a certain folder.

Of course some of the problems could be caused by not proper setup on my
sites.

Else i find the new News Admin module a really improvment.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no