[TYPO3-ttnews] News categories and permissions

Einar Gislason einar at linkfactory.dk
Mon Nov 19 15:59:19 CET 2007

In article
<mailman.1038.1195451567.14020.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.netfielders.
de> "H.E.Weenink | Aristo WebDesign" <h.e.weenink at aristo-webdesign.nl>
wrote:
>  Hello Tony
>>   Is "sysmap" the same thing as "SysFolder"?
>  Yes
>>   Is there a way to give a news item a default category (in case the
>> BE  user doesn't select a category)?
>  Yes/no, it is possible to give the last item of list to single item,
> butrather difficult.
>  I can't get that running as it should, so this is my tric:
>  Make
>  1Page with List
>  	2Page (not in menu) with Single + List

>  In 1page make List point to single on 2page. (last tab of plugin
> upper item)

>  Then on first entry, they go to 1page and see only list
>  As soon an item is choosen it jumps to 2page and shows Single ITem +
> List If you give both the same pagetitle, it will look smooth.

>  Eef

In the user TSConfig you can set the default values for some tt_news
inputs, but aperently not all.
F.x.
TCAdefaults.tt_news {
	author = My name
}
will set the default ttnews author to "My name". HOWEVER... I cannot
seem to find a way to set the default category and would therefore ask
the samequestion as Tony did:
How can I set the default category for a news item?

-Einar

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo